I am so excited to be back after a much-needed break, and even more excited to be bringing you the premier of season two from my new house! In Episode 13: From Buyer’s Remorse to Decider’s Delight, I’ll be taking you through how to work through the post-purchase panic and trust your decision.
I was in a T-I-Z-Z-Y tizzy about this house. Thankfully, my Buyer’s Remorse did end. At first it slowly faded, and then lifted completely like an ominous rain cloud being blown away by the wind.”
Listen to the Full Episode:
Feeling regret or anxiety after an important purchase is normal, but that doesn’t make it easy. For me, it looked like two panic-ridden weeks of worrying. I gave myself time, did the work to get through it, and now I’m cultivating my decider’s delight in the form of tall, luscious plants, cooking in my beautiful kitchen, and bike rides with my beloved!
If you’ve ever struggled with buyer’s remorse, or you have a purchase coming up you want to prep for, tune in to hear the seven steps I took to tackle my darkness dilemma and overpayment panic! I’m sharing the ups and downs I went through as I processed my emotions, how opening up to my support system helped me through, and the problem-solving measures I took to feel better. Don’t miss the sweet cameo from Tyler, and a dramatic reading of the inside of my zany brain!
Subscribe to the Joy Note!
What You’ll Learn
- That buyer’s remorse is totally normal, but you don’t have to get stuck in it
- Why you should process your regret by letting yourself feel it
- How opening up to feedback can help you cope with buyer’s remorse
- What problem-solving and experimenting can do to get your thoughts moving in a positive direction
- How to start cultivating your own decider’s delight and fall back in love with your big decision
Further Reading from Topics in the Show:
- Nearly two-thirds of millennials have homebuyer regrets, survey finds
- 64% of millennials have regrets about buying their current home—here’s why
- 10 Ways to Fall in Love with the Home You Live In Right Now
Download this episode’s Joywork!
Click below to receive a pretty printable to help you work through the
Seven Steps of Moving Through Buyer’s Remorse