Entrepreneurial Intervention: Asia Small of The Purpose of Prep
This episode marks the first of a new segment we’ll be featuring on Scale Your Joy, the Entrepreneurial Intervention! I had the opportunity to speak with Asia Small, a 23 year-old entrepreneur working as a COO for writing consultation business and running her own college prep business. We cover the basics of her business and mine as I share some of the most important things I’ve learned from scaling my own business, The Art of Applying.
Those efforts aren’t always going to show up as dollar signs immediately, but you’re planting seeds. You’re consistently and wholeheartedly marketing your business, providing excellent client service, learning how to be a better business owner, learning how to be a better marketer.
If you’re an aspiring entrepreneur, this is an amazing episode for you to tune into. What resources do you need to go from just earning money to keeping track of operating expenses, capital, profit, and payment for yourself? How much should you actually be paying yourself? I’m bringing you my best business insight for how to start scaling and stay true to what matters.
Whether you’re starting a business, or seven years into it like I was, business coaching is one of the most valuable investments you can make in yourself and your business. I’ll be covering what I learned from my business coaching that enabled me to earn more money with smart strategies in 2020 than I did in my million dollar year in 2018! Listen now to hear about what I did, and what I recommended to Asia, in order to start thriving.
Let’s keep in touch!
Note: We are moving from one email marketing provider to another, so this form does not work right now. You can subscribe to our Youtube channel in the meantime.
Subscribe to my monthly newsletter where I share details about my creative, entrepreneurial, and self-growth journey. I won’t spam you, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
In this episode:
- The importance of distinguishing between capital, profit, and where paying yourself fits into your expenses
- How committing to consistency is one of the best long-term decisions you can make for your business
- What books to read to learn about managing your finances, for yourself and your business
- What you have to gain from business coaching, and how an automated webinar funnel can revolutionize your business
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the show:
- The Purpose of Prep, Asia’s college prep business
- R Colucci LLC, where Asia works as COO
- Richard Yu, whose Youtube channel covers online coaching and online businesses
- Vince Del Monte, fitness business coach and author of Living Large: The Skinny Guy’s Guide to No-Nonsense Muscle Building
- Profit First, by Mike Michalowicz
- Hello Seven, a podcast by Rachel Rodgers and featuring Kaneisha in Episode 21: A Masterclass in Million Dollar Mindset
- Kaneisha’s childhood best friend from Episode 8: Self-Care, Grief, Friendship, First Generation Wealth, and Queer Intersectionality with Jonathan Jimenez
- The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous & Broke, by Suze Orman
- I Will Teach You To Be Rich, by Ramit Sethi
- Episode 2: Grow Your Side Hustle with Kaneisha’s Coaching Business Cycle
- Clients on Demand, a business coaching program
- Course From Scratch, by Danielle Leslie
- Digital Course Academy, by Amy Porterfield
- Matt Dragos, designer for Asia’s website
Don’t miss an episode. Follow the podcast on Youtube, Spotify, and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
**This post may contain affiliate links. I only recomment products that I believe in.