Millennial Prepper Tips from the Texas Snowpocalypse: A Conversation with Lisandra Rickards
At the time of recording this episode, there are still 2.5 million people without power due to Winter Storm Uri. Here in Austin, Texas, my power has returned, but I still have no running water, and it is not safe to leave my apartment. For this week’s episode, I’m sharing a phone conversation with my best friend, Lisandra Rickards, where we discuss my experience in this disaster so far in the hopes that we can help other millennials be more prepared for events like this in the future.
Our infrastructure here in Texas is not at all equipped to deal with this FEMA-declared disaster. Due to the snowstorm, millions of us are without power, running water, and are unable to leave our homes safely. A disaster like this can happen again, so I want to ask you. If this happened to you, could you survive inside your home without any running water or electricity for what might be weeks or months to come? If the answer is no, this episode will help.
Tune in this week and listen to my morning phone call with Lisandra – icepocalypse edition – and hear some things to consider when faced with a lack of power or water due to an event like this. We discuss what it’s like to experience this through snovid, and share some tips to help you keep your spirits up during a disaster.
To celebrate the launch of the show, I’m giving away a Scale Your Joy audiobook or eBook bundle to five lucky listeners! This will consist of five hand-picked books that I’ve read and love about life, joy, and entrepreneurship. To enter, simply subscribe, rate, and review the show! Click here to learn more about the giveaway and how to enter.
Let’s keep in touch!
Note: We are moving from one email marketing provider to another, so this form does not work right now. You can subscribe to our Youtube channel in the meantime.
Subscribe to my monthly newsletter where I share details about my creative, entrepreneurial, and self-growth journey. I won’t spam you, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
In this episode:
- My current circumstances due to Winter Storm Uri.
- Some personal disaster preparedness advice.
- What we did well and what we could have done better in Winter Storm Uri.
- The basics that every millennial should have in their pantry in case of disaster.
- How to plan your pantry in case of disaster or power outages.
- Some tips we’ve learned from this disaster.
- How my prepper mentality has helped me through this FEMA-declared disaster.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the show:
- To celebrate the launch of the show, I’m giving away a Scale Your Joy audiobook or eBook bundle to five lucky listeners! This will consist of five hand-picked books that I’ve read and love about life, joy, and entrepreneurship. To enter, simply subscribe, rate, and review the show! Click here to learn more about the giveaway and how to enter.
Full Episode Transcript:
**This post may contain affiliate links. I only recomment products that I believe in.