When it comes to going after something we want – whether it’s a dream, goal, or setting up our own business, it can be easy to make up reasons or seek external validation as to why we should not proceed. But the only validation you should seek is your own, and in this episode, I’m telling you why you should choose yourself, every single time.
Choosing yourself doesn’t mean you don’t rely on outside help, support, advice, or encouragement. It doesn’t mean you’re eschewing desire, it just means you aren’t putting your dreams on hold while you wait for someone else to tell you that you are good enough.
In this episode, I’m showing you how to choose yourself in life, love, and business, and how to prioritize your own fulfillment over the idea of living up to other peoples’ expectations. I’m sharing some things you should know when it comes to choosing yourself and showing you how to develop the enthusiasm, confidence, and belief that you are capable of going after your goals.
To celebrate the launch of the show, I’m giving away a Scale Your Joy audiobook or eBook bundle to five lucky listeners! This will consist of five hand-picked books that I’ve read and love about life, joy, and entrepreneurship. To enter, simply subscribe, rate, and review the show! Click here to learn more about the giveaway and how to enter.
What You’ll Learn:
- How I was told my business wouldn’t take off, grow or scale, and I shouldn’t start it up.
- One of the most beautiful things about entrepreneurship.
- The importance of focusing on how you are qualified to do what you want to do, versus why you are not.
- Why change starts on the inside.
- The only way we’ll see real change, more impact, abundance, and joy in our lives.
- How to stop delaying your dreams.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- To celebrate the launch of the show, I’m giving away a Scale Your Joy audiobook or eBook bundle to five lucky listeners! This will consist of five hand-picked books that I’ve read and love about life, joy, and entrepreneurship. To enter, simply subscribe, rate, and review the show! Click here to learn more about the giveaway and how to enter.
- 4: Millennial Prepper Tips from the Texas Snowpocalypse: A Conversation with Lisandra Rickards
- 2: Grow Your Side Hustle with Kaneisha’s Coaching Business Cycle
- 6: Hire an Extraordinary Executive Assistant: A Conversation with My Executive Assistant
- Basecamp – Project Management Tool
- Be Your Own Boyfriend: Decide to Be Happy, Unleash Your Sexy, and Change Your Life by Kaneisha Grayson
**This post may contain affiliate links. I only recommend products that I believe in.
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify, and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!