5 Money Mistakes I Made in My Million-Dollar Business
I’m getting personal this week with Episode 14: 5 Money Mistakes I Made in My Business. This week I’ll be starting with something I love: a celebration! It’s been a long, grueling process, but I finally closed on a line of credit for my business. Looking back on what it took to get here, I’ll be sharing with you five times I took imperfect action and learned important lessons on managing money in my online business.
I don’t want you to be afraid of making money mistakes. If you’re making money, money mistakes will happen. The important thing is that you learn from those mistakes.
After I graduated from Harvard Business School and Harvard Kennedy School, I thought I was fully equipped to start my own business. The truth is, you don’t really learn the nitty gritty of running a small or online business when you go to a top business school and get your MBA. It took seven more years before I seriously invested in business coaching, and now I’m using what I learned to strategically focus on my business’s impact on my life rather than revenue and size.
Tune in this episode to hear about the trials and tribulations I went through so you don’t have to — from tracking clients and using credit wisely to building trust with your bank and streamlining your business’s profitability. Listen now to learn how managing your money effectively will help you grow a thriving business and cultivate a joy-first lifestyle.
Jump back in by subscribing to Scale Your Joy’s monthly Joy Note! You’ll get access to exclusive content, new Joy Work, updates from Kaneisha, and subscriber gifts. Subscribe now to start scribble, scheme, and dreaming!
Let’s keep in touch!
Note: We are moving from one email marketing provider to another, so this form does not work right now. You can subscribe to our Youtube channel in the meantime.
Subscribe to my monthly newsletter where I share details about my creative, entrepreneurial, and self-growth journey. I won’t spam you, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
In this episode:
- How client tracking can help you understand where to focus time and effort in your business
- Why using credit consciously is a vital part of business ownership
- The importance of establishing strong business banking relationships
- How important it is to do your research on and invest in business coaching
- What to focus on when streamlining the profitability of your business
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the show:
- My business: The Art of Applying
- What is an MBA admissions consultant, and should you hire one? – Fortune Article
- Marie Forleo
- Ep #6: Hire an Extraordinary Executive Assistant: A Conversation with My Executive Assistant
- Company of One: Why Staying Small Is the Next Big Thing for Business – by Paul Jarvis
Full Episode Transcript:
**This post may contain affiliate links. I only recomment products that I believe in.